Thursday, June 26, 2008
Rude and Lord Voldemort
Jamilyn tells me that if you've established a pattern of daily blogging, that it's probably rude to not write for several days like me. Wow. Who knew? Are there rules of loyalty to ones "following"? Am I "on deadline" with nothing to say? Sheesh! My life between chemo treatments has been relatively serene. I have watery eyes and bloody noses. Is this something readers want to know? My next treatment is Wednesday and I haven't felt good one single day since my last treatment. I've even been to "Look Good--Feel Better" which is essentially a special reward for getting cancer--a facial with hundreds of dollars worth of free makeup so you don't look like Lord Voldemort for a year! Last time Jamilyn was home, was the first time she'd seen me without hair. There were at least two instances of shock and surprise as I entered a semi-dark room unexpectedly and she was emotionally unprepared to face my face. The "Lord Voldemort" thing will probably stick. We're a family notorious for latching on to odd titles and weird references. Even though I'm still wary of any returning leprosy, I am proud to say that, unlike Lord Voldemort, I still have a nose! Red, watery eyes, blood volunteering from my nostrils, bald head, dry, snakelike, peeling skin, appearing out of nowhere, sinister attitude...hey, that's where it ends with us. I'm still ME under all these side effects. I bet Lord Voldemort doesn't know how to make a darling summer turbine out of the lower two thirds of an ordinary T-shirt, but I do. And guess where I learned this...yep. "Look Good--Feel Better". Maybe HE would benefit from an evening at "Look Good--Feel Better". My makeup kit was labeled "Light". Are there "Dark" kits for his type? Do you need to still have a nose to get one? See what happens when you force me into a daily blog?!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
Seriouly Gae, I know you have cancer and all and YOUR world has been turned upside down and you feel like crap...but how dare you not post? This blog should be YOUR outlet...screw the rest of us :-) I love the Lord Voldemort analogy. I admire your sense of humor!
oh Mom!!! I LOVE you! Thanks for blogging!
Oh my heck Gae, you are freakin' funny! I am sorry to hear you have not had a "good" day yet. Good luck next week with another fun field treatment:)
What would the world be without the discriptive writings of Miss Gae? The world will take whatever you give it!!!!
Post a Comment