Tuesday, June 03, 2008

She's Got The Look!

6:30 a.m. found Blake, Adam and me at the Heart and Lung building at IMC, prepping for port surgery. I had a SentinelVersed breakfast I.V. cocktail and we were underway, "making a space" for a small, triangular, purple lip gloss box of a port, with about eight inches of wire/tubing to thread into the designated major vein. A few stitches, some superglue and I was officially "ported"! Kudos to Eric, Brian, Johnny and Kim, who took very good care of me all day. But the best caretaker by far was Surgery Unit Assistant Adam Beckstrom, who brought one warm blanket after another, knowing his mother's predisposition for surgery room shivers. Even better, he made a house call on his lunch break and performed hair surgery on my poor moth-eaten head, making us twins from anothuh' mothuh'. I admired my "a-natural " fuzz, played with my wigs, did a rag-and-cap combo (great for walking the granddaughter) and even added shades for those times when I'm feeling fast and edgy. If I can get a Gerber Daisy bow-head like the cute ones Caroline wears, and some stylish Jackie Onasis hat, I think I might be all fashion-set for Bald Year.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I liked your 'rag and cap' combo today. You looked'tough!'

Anonymous said...

So is it time for Braden to join you in your fashionable hair style? I am pretty sure he will not join you in getting a daisy "head squeezer."

Cam Ballou said...

Hope the porting went smoothly and isn't to uncomfortable or awkward! Hang in there! You are loved.