Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No Inspiration

Tomorrow I'm expected for Professional Development meetings for school. Last year, THE letter came in the mail, all itineraries outlined to keep us organized until school started and I LOST IT! This year, the moment it came, I planted it in the exact middle of my note-fuzzy kitchen bulletin board, determined not to repeat last year's performance. I had Blake pick up a nice strong new three-ring binder. I was so proud of myself for getting off to a good start. But today, look at the bulletin board...where are the nine month old expired coupons to Bed Bath and Beyond? Where are the wedding announcements for kids who are celebrating their second wedding anniversary this month? Where are the reminders to have the dog's rabies shots brought up to date so that I can renew her 2003 license? I'm aghast! There is no Monte Vista Professional Development itinerary hanging there. It is not there. I've returned several times to be sure. The bulletin board is neat and tidy. Everything hanging there is current. I can see cork. I've willed myself to nap so that I can have one of those "almost awake" revelations that so often save me from myself in situations like this. But no inspiration has come. Many relevant things happen while I'm busy sleeping off chemo-fry. I realize Blake has been on a cleaning rampage. He admits that he cleaned the bulletin board. But he is obsessive about getting to the bottom of things that look important and he cannot recall any three-page 8 1/2 by 11 document sticking there. To question his memory is absurd. So WHERE IS THE BLASTED LETTER NOW? Is memory loss a cancer side-effect? I must have had a moment of inspiration when I realized that the letter would be better placed in a more "logical" location--one that would have it emerge naturally for my use at the moment of truth. Where is that "really safe place" where all the important, necessary, useful, precious items of my life are carefully stored? I think I must have put my brain in there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one for Oquirrh Elem. not sure that will help you out. I guess you could call the school. Just when you thought you had it all together......the mystery will continue..

Grandma Susie said...

Memory loss is not a side-effect of cancer. It's a side-effect of old age and I suffer from it too! I have to make myself lists and then I misplace the lists in my purse. By the way, my purse is not that big! Maybe memory loss is a blessing of getting older because things get harder and who wants to remember the hard stuff! I love your courage. Don't worry about your brain. I pray that the rest of you can join your brain in that "really safe place", where ever that is.