Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Hair

Today a friend asked me if my hair is growing back. I'm happy to report that it IS growing! Every hair and skiff of fuzz of any kind was removed by chemotherapy. My entire body went totally S-M-O-O-T-H! There were things about being smooth that I didn't miss--daily hairstyling, trips to the beauty shop, shaving my legs, plucking my eyebrows...nice! But now that hair is coming back, I'm ready to say "WELCOME HOME!" I thought my hair would be gray. But so far, it's just the same old-person dishwater blonde that left me. The color is very even and uninteresting. My hair is super-fine and fairly thick, like baby cotton styled in a fauxhawk! It's so nappy right now on top that I'm sure it must be at least as curly as it was when it left me (not like Adam's, but close!) It's been interesting to notice all the directions that various areas of my hair choose to lay. It explains a lot about my troubles when I was actually styling my hair! My eyebrows are baby blonde. curly and thin, which makes it difficult to "pretend" them, even though I try. I have a very heavy brow bone and deep set eyes, so without eyebrows I look even more like Uncle Fester than before (note photo to the right.) I've also realized that my eyelashes are baby blonde and curly too. As they've grown back, they've found very creative ways to poke me, making contacts a lethal weapon. Even with all these idiosyncracies (sp) I'm sure glad that my hair wasn't scared off for good. I'm itchier and sweatier than ever now, under my wig. I wear wigs! Woot!

4 comments:

cuzimmom said...

Besides being sisters-in-law, we are also fellow "hair captives"! Who knew.....Just get plenty of spiking gel & you will do fine!
Jan

Tiffany Anderson said...

Yea! I'm so HAPPY for you!

Anonymous said...

You and Adam look quite a bit alike! Did you ever think you would have the "short" hair look? I hope you didn't mind the "hair question" It is the little things that get missed the most!

Jamilyn said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog!

I love it that you said woot.