Sunday, June 20, 2010
Business As Usual
A lot of people at church like to ask about my health. It's the sweetest thing. Trying to explain how I'm feeling about recurring cancer and subsequent treatment does help me figure out how I really feel about it. I realize that what I want most is to feel like my life is "business as usual". Aside from radiation treatments, I like it when there is very little evidence that anything out of the ordinary is going on. I wrote in two meaningful cards today. One was for Father's Day, one for our wedding anniversary this week. Summing up the meaning of life in a few short sentences makes the important things stand out. I'm glad for Blake's love. I like how we're growing together. I appreciate my kids--I'm proud of the adults that they've become. I adore every moment of every encounter with our grandchildren. I like soft clothes. I'm grateful for medicine. Warm weather is nice. Sunshine is nicer. Comfort is the best, in all its forms. I feel good. I'm not burned or tired. Lucky me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment