Sunday, June 13, 2010

Arrived

I have more cancer in my chest wall. I have a "spot" on my right lung--they're not sure what, and it's too small to biopsy (8mm). I need radiation/chemotherapy now more than I need lung surgery, so they're waiting to see how the lung spot responds to 25 days of radiation and four months of a new type of chemotherapy. Remember when they said I wouldn't have more of those two things unless it was necessary to keep me alive? Well, we've arrived. I'm having more. If the lung spot is gone after treatment, they'll assume it was cancer and keep careful watch for more to develop. If it is still there, or if it grows, then they'll assume it's either something else, or resistant to treatment. They say "then we'll have a problem and new decisions will have to be made." In the meantime, radiation started Tuesday, five days a week, for 25 treatments. I'll finish July 10th, then I'll begin chemotherapy again, pills this time, three pills twice a day for 120 days. Here we go!

3 comments:

mintifresh said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this all over again! You are in my thoughts and prayers as you take this on.

Corinne said...

Good luck...I just posted on the other post and I said I was glad that everything is going well for now. Hopefully everything clears up quickly. I would be happy to help you out any way I can. You are in my prayers.

Jamie Lamb said...

Best wishes with your treatment! I will be praying for you :)