Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chemotherapy: The Next Day

The day after my first chemotherapy treatment, I feel fine. I experienced no side effects yesterday, except for a little fluid retention in my face and hands. Today I went for a follow up shot for side effect management, and filled prescriptions for more. So far, nothing that I feared would happen has happened. But this is just the beginning, one treatment of eight. I'm trying not to get a false sense of security that I won't have to endure hard things before I'm through. I made an appointment for a chemotherapy awareness class next Tuesday. I also got a number to contact a woman who makes wigs. These needs still feel unreal, but I know they're probably necessary. In only 20 days, we'll do it all again. The shot today stung and ached. I think I'll be glad in the long run for that port I'll receive next time.

No comments: