Friday, May 30, 2008
Respecting The Ratio
Today was Zoo Day for 105 Kindergarten students at Monte Vista Elementary. It was a perfect day--cool, breezy and full of sunshine. It felt SO good to feel good at the zoo. On Bobette's calendar I have two smiley faces in a row. If chemotherapy is every 21 days, it looks like I might be feeling good about twice as often as I feel bad. That's a ratio I can certainly learn to respect. I had my first blood checkup/Dr. visit today. Apparently having bazillion white blood cells when you have cancer is a good thing. I had about that many. My doctor was pleased. He wasn't pleased that I seem to be developing some random strain of fake leprosy on my face. He reminded me that I must be selective about when I hug my grandchildren, keep using hand sanitizer and not to worry when a new side effect rears it's ugly head. I was coming to terms with bald. Now I have to include leprosy in my positive self-talk! (...right when I was beginning to feel somewhat smug about how "don't care" I thought I was becoming about bald--sheesh!) I cried in Harmon's waiting for my prescription for Keflex to be filled. Does Keflex cure leprosy? I think those tears were angry ones for the "grandchildren" remark back in the doctor's office. Add "delayed reaction" to the list of side effects of chemotherapy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
We all love you so much! Keep up the good fight - a bazillion white blood cells is a great start. Did I mention that we all love you?
Post a Comment