Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Not Quite Frowny
I know how important it is to keep all this relative. That said, the past two days have been "not quite frowny", but I have to admit feeling a little discouraged. I tried school on Tuesday. After a few too-long visits to the little restroom in my classroom, and a frighteningly swoony head, I called for a sub and left. Wednesday, I braved the drive again, determined to stay all day. We had P.E. time outside on the track, which helped. I took a nap on the blue rug during my lunch hour and left right after school. Four hours later I'd had another full nap. I felt like, sheesh...what to call it? What about Perky Survival Attitude? What about Grace and PMA and Courage? I'm sinking like a rock! Today, for the first time, I discussed "Medical Leave Of Absence" with my colleagues. I might call about that tomorrow and see what my options are. I proposed the idea to my aid Barbara, who was more enthusiastic than I thought she would be about possibly taking my new class through Christmas next year. There is such a deep sense of relief in the idea that I won't have to "keep it all together" next fall when the cancer plan has progressed to full drama. I think I'm carrying that fear of failing my new fall students like a heavy stone. It keeps me from being the brave, cheerful girl that I intended to be. Sorry. I better wait to write when I'm not feeling this pessimistic. How's it going to hold up when I feel BAD? She's whinin', she's whinin'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
You "whine" all you want. I am so impressed you are working right now. Remember: No one expects you to keep it together ALL the time- you are human right?? That is why blogs are so awesome, they are a great outlet. Release all you want; good, bad, funny, the not so funny.
OK Miss Gae......quit trying to be superhuman....If you feel yucky then be that way!! And whine to your hearts content!
Wait... you're not superhuman? I'm sad that you have to go through this, bad stuff always seems to happen to good people. I hope your burden will be bearable. You are surrounded by people who care and your husband is one of my heroes, so keep your head up.
Post a Comment