Sunday, November 09, 2008

No Good Circumstances

"On drugs" was the decision I made for having a successful trip to Michigan. It was so great to see Jamilyn's world. I loved hanging out with her. It was wonderful to hug her! I've decided that there are no good circumstances under which mothers should be separated from their children--we need them close! Traveling to Michigan turned out fine. I was happy to feel good enough to do it. The rest of the week was a little bit anticlimactic with pre-surgery appointments for all of the blood work, heart work and breast work that's needed to go forward. Now tomorrow I meet with the surgeon again to assess my condition. He'll recommend the type of surgery he thinks I need and it will be scheduled. I've completed applying for long term disability at work "just in case" too. In the meantime, right in the middle of this, our most concentrated efforts to make good decisions for my parents' future have gone bust. They are suddenly going on an open-ended visit to my sister and her husband in Texas. What the heck!? Ok. We'll forget about accepting a rare opening in an assisted living facility that looks promising. We'll stop efforts to apply for Vetran's benefits. Well quit worrying about getting their house ready to sell. No more questions about in-home health care or worry about filling prescriptions or wondering if they made it to today's Dr. appointment. Quit researching financial assistance for improvements or figuring out how to make our houses handicap-ready in case they agree to stay with one of us after all. They're just outa here with no plans to return. No problem. I could add screaming to the list of things I used to not do that now feel good enough to be considered emotionally healthy--right up there with moaning and losing your lunch.

3 comments:

Grandma Susie said...

We voted for this life experience, right??

fsqanne said...

Oh dear, Mama. Well, let those screams out, they need to come...maybe soft screams? Ones that don't hurt the voice too much?

Adam B said...

Love you mom...sorry about all of that stuff and good luck with your surgeon!