Saturday, April 04, 2009
Gotta Love The Plan
Isn't conference just the best? I love writing notes while everyone speaks because when I go back and read talks, the feeling is different and I'm not as "hit" by certain ideas as I was in the moment. I feel so blessed to live in a time when prophets come straight into our comfortable homes--we don't have to do a thing but switch on the box here ! Can you imagine watching Nephi or Alma, Moroni or even Joseph Smith on KSL? It's the same! Sometimes I get discouraged, wondering why I'm not willing to be as obedient, humble,valiant as our amazing leaders. But it's good to be reminded that I CAN be, if I choose to be. I love the restored gospel. I try to imagine what kind of purpose I would invent for my life if I didn't have the plan of salvation to direct my choices. I'm sure I would have never been this creative or strict on my own. I'm also sure that heaven had an approving nod for this plan when it came my turn to pop down, knowing how much I would need it to get back again (if I'm really as loved and wanted as the scriptures make me think I am!) I was blessed to be directed to a gospel-centered home, in spite of arriving elsewhere. Who could feel anything but loved after a gift like that? Thank heaven and mom and dad, for getting it all worked out for me. I love today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
I love the way you put it!! It is a great plan!
Love you mom! Cannot wait for Pig Breakfast...see you soon!!!
It is always uplifting to read your words. Thanks for your gift of "writing."
Post a Comment