Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mi Bebe!

This blasted economy has many consequences. But the most recently irritating has been not being able to justify this week, the cost of two people going to Michigan for no better purpose than to get a good look at our youngest (and of course, most beloved) child. I've been so bugged. But even in these perilous times, there is generosity. We treasure Blake's remaining Sky Miles, sure that one day we WILL travel to an exotic place--perhaps the once-promised Japan, or Europe, or South America, and free is the only price we'll do. But Blake obviously sensed the seriousness of my depravation and gave the go-ahead to use a few miles. Sooooo....this morning, nearly late for church, for the small fee of 25,000 precious (I'm not being sarcastic!) miles, $150 you-are-booking-precariously-close-to-the-actual-moment-of-takeoff" fee and $10 to Uncle Sam, I booked a flight from Kalamazoo to SLC TOMORROW :0) for Sweet Baby James to come home. There's hope in the world! She'll be here for the arrival of our new family baby! We can play in my off-track week! I can speech her about tuition and vegetarianism and car costs and boyfriends and beaches...all the good stuff. We can eat at Cafe Rio and go to Gateway to window shop at Anthropology (remember--the economy!) and watch Little Women and The Soloist and walk the changling Gmork (ie Kizzie ie Viviana) in Ivory Homes while solving most of the world's most pressing problems. We might even argue for old times' sake! Mi Bebe is coming home! Parental bliss! I'm revived! Economy busted.

5 comments:

Adam B said...

Woo Hoo! Jam Am is coming home. Way to go Mom and Dad!!!

cuzimmom said...

What time will she get here? We would love to see here here in the southern Beckstrom family home!!!

Grandma Susie said...

Welcome back Jamilyn and welcome Baby Thomas!!! Life is good!

Jamilyn said...

MOM! We haven't done nearly enough of these things yet... and we only have a day and a half left. YIKES!

Anonymous said...

So when is the fashion show???? I guess I need to be Glays a bit more....but I figured something was up when you were behind the wheel of a van again. Blake confirmed the happenings of your household late one night...thank heavens for warm nights.....brings people out of the house. So when can we go for a inexpensive dinner for Blake's birthday????