Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just Try To Catch Up

Time to catch up here.
Time flies when you're havin' fun! May 29th--D Track Kindergarten Zoo Day
52 class T-shirts arrived as we were boarding the bus.
We were supposed to be wearing them
to the zoo.
That afternoon I had Avastin scheduled,
but my doc went out of town.
They rescheduled me on voicemail
to come whileI was at the zoo!
Avastin appointments ARE the zoo.
I went on Monday instead.
So I was trash at school on Tues. and Wed.
(this usually happens on the weekend.)
Friday, June 5th I had a mammoram.
THAT HURTS!
But after much crushing, I got the "all clear".
Clear breasts, clear blood, clear urine.
Some news is worth a little pain.
But maybe mammograms cause cancer.
Little Caroline had a birthday.
She was proud to be two years old.
Saturday, she'll be packed up
along with the U-haul
and her parents
and her baby-brother-to-be
and they'll head for law school
at Franklin-Pierce in New Hampshire.
Guess who gets to tag along...
the Granny! (woot!)
June 19th. Avastin. Again.
Then dad died.
My final grades were due.
The house filled with company.
Life got insane.
We had a funeral on
the second-to-the-last day of school.
And school ended.
We've had three grandkid dates
and we've been a little sporty
in the canyons near our city.
I went to Michigan for a week of frivolity
with my Sweet BabyJames.
And I had Avastin for the last time.
The next day we pulled off
a family reunion
and the next Tuesday
I saw Harry Potter!
But first, I attended
Kindergarten Core Academy
that day, and the next day
and the next day.
July 21st teachers went back to work.
My teaching assignment changed suddenly
from split C/D track
to Double D (yep, you heard me)
So I get to track off
and I can help the movers after all!
This week I'll screen
another teacher's C Track students
since she doesn't exist yet...
I'm still officially their teacher.
But on Saturday,
goodbye insanity, and goodbye grandpa...
cuz this Granny's hittin' the road!

3 comments:

Adam B said...

Hooray, we are so happy that you are coming with us. It will be an adventure, that is a promise! We love are Granny!

Grandma Susie said...

Have a great trip. Road trips with grandkids are the best.......until you have to leave them someplace and head back in the other direction!! Then it gets pretty sad.

Jamilyn said...

Hey, catch up again, k?