Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas Pageant

Blake and I were honored once again this year to be in attendance at the second annual Thomas Christmas Pageant. Everyone was well-prepared with memorized scriptures from the New Testament. Costumes were even more spectacular than we remembered. We were welcomed by the narrator, who conducted us in musical inserts to embellished the unfolding of this beloved story. Pretty Mary patiently awaited the arrival of her baby, who was God's own Son. She also kept the angels, shepherds, wise men, camels and baby-to-be from prematurely shedding their costumes. A glorious angel declared the good news--a Savior had been born in the city of David! Reluctant shepherds ("I not a shepherd, I a ghost!") came to behold the wondrous sight. Shy wise men came on trusty camels, bearing gifts. Best of all was the addition of a perfect, live baby Jesus, nestled in a comfortable Fisher/Price manger, complete with entertainment. It was a not-so-silent, but oh-so holy night to remember--the best Christmas pageant ever!

2 comments:

cuzimmom said...

It made the last Beckstrom Christmas eve party wonderful!!

mintifresh said...

Hey! I know those guys! How cute!