Thursday, January 28, 2010

Joy Zap

'Tis the season of love...and to lift you from the dregs of recent dreary post, I bring you this tiny tidbit of romantic humor. My husband and I go waaaaaaaay back. I'm talking we could have attended WOODSTOCK together! His younger brother recently e-mailed him this cheesy '70's photo of the two of us boating (dig that groovy swimsuit!) Said hubby turned the laptop screen my way (I was at my post--three pillows deep, buried in covers up to my chin on the heated side of our waterbed, on my back, trying to avoid discomforting the painful nothing that is my absent bosom). I saw the picture, and how did the feeble remains of my feminine anatomy respond to what it saw...THAT TINGLE! You know the one...that slightly embarrassing little surge of oh-my-hottness that thrilled over your skin whenever your current crush appeared unexpectedly beside you in the cafeteria of your Jr. High...Yesiree Bob! The Joy Zap. Apparently, in spite of all odds, I've still got it bad for the fast guy with biceps like Popeye...all it took was a photograph. And that, people, is romantic!

5 comments:

Jamilyn said...

This is the best thing ever. I wish the picture was bigger so that I could see your 1970s kmart special swimsuit. I'm really glad you still love your man.

mintifresh said...

Ok, that is the cutest thing ever! Thanks for that, you sweet thing!

Adam B said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Love is in the air!!!!!

Cam Ballou said...

Ooo-la-la!! That is romantic! I love it :) I might have to borrow the term Joy Zap.

On another note...I am way behind on your blog - my apologies. My heart goes out to you. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through and it makes me feel like such a small person that I am always wrapped up in my own little world (me, me, me!) I ache for you and Blake and our best is with you. I know another casserole won't make it any better but I have some lovely Jacob Black periphenalia I could bring you :) (Now THAT is joy zap!)

Love and hugs from the Ballou's!