You can see my problem with talking cancer these days. Season two just doesn't have the pazaz of that charter script. There's none of the OMG-I-have-freakin'-CANCER shock element, no pink rose, no buzz of tests, opinions, more tests, cancerglam makeovers, offers to sign with an agent, wigs, studies, core collection blackouts, "Save The Hoohas" t-shirts or any of the "what-do-we-do-first mind-numbing decisions to make. I'm sitting in a day-17 shower-free stupor, picking with disinterest at my dish of delicious neighbor-provided leftovers, wondering why I still have this greasy drain dangling from my rib rendering over 40cc of sheesh A DAY, sleeping at all the wrong times, failing most days to muster any do but "bed-head ala PJs" and craving sunlight. Deflated. It's a word that works in multiple modes of description at the moment. This state of mind simply does not lend itself to reader happy-making. I'll perk up for the next installation k guys?
Thursday, January 28, 2010
New Season--Low Ratings
You can see my problem with talking cancer these days. Season two just doesn't have the pazaz of that charter script. There's none of the OMG-I-have-freakin'-CANCER shock element, no pink rose, no buzz of tests, opinions, more tests, cancerglam makeovers, offers to sign with an agent, wigs, studies, core collection blackouts, "Save The Hoohas" t-shirts or any of the "what-do-we-do-first mind-numbing decisions to make. I'm sitting in a day-17 shower-free stupor, picking with disinterest at my dish of delicious neighbor-provided leftovers, wondering why I still have this greasy drain dangling from my rib rendering over 40cc of sheesh A DAY, sleeping at all the wrong times, failing most days to muster any do but "bed-head ala PJs" and craving sunlight. Deflated. It's a word that works in multiple modes of description at the moment. This state of mind simply does not lend itself to reader happy-making. I'll perk up for the next installation k guys?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Seriously, honey, I feel ya. Looks like you've got a serious case of 'The Januaries.' I hate January. It makes me sad, nutso, and apparently makes my kids want to fight all the time.
Spring will be here soon...(or at least that's what I keep telling myself...)
I can't imagine going through it once let alone twice, Gae! You are a trooper and it's okay to feel deflated! Knowing you, you'll be spreading sunshine in no time!
:(
Post a Comment