Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Perfect Day

The beautiful spring day we've all been waiting for finally showed itself this morning and lasted through noon. Now, clouds are pressing and the air is cooling, but well, we had the morning! Pretty gift lilacs on my table smell like heaven and mom's house--I wonder if maybe they are the same place. It's a perfect day for boys to camp, for best friends to reunite, for brothers to marry, for neighbors to emerge, for healing and for children to come home again.

2 comments:

mintifresh said...

I can almost smell those lilacs! It was a gorgeous day for soccer, too :)

lynsie said...

I am so happy that Jamilyn is coming home to you next weekend. Thanks for leting me still her for a day and making it a little longer beIfore she sees you. I hope everything went well for you on thursday. you are in mine and steve's prays. I am excited to come see you this july when I come out woth our little guy.