Core biopsy was not that fun today. I actually needed a mammogram on my schedule for the study I was in (mammogram=teaspoon of dirt, core biopsy=truckload of dirt). If you don't have cancer before you get a mammogram, you will probably develop it from the stretch scars and squish bruises you get from having one. Wa wa wa! There are actually three lymph nodes in my armpit acting up. The most accessible one got three neat holes punched in it for swelling and shining like it did on the PET/CT. That'll teach it! I gave myself "tingles" in my fingers and lips and had to sit there a moment to regain my composure. This resulted in an all-day tension headache that I'm ready to take to bed at this very moment. I think I need better cancer anxiety management skills! I'm sure I'll do better at the Results Party with Dr. N on Friday.
Monday, October 11, 2010
To The Core
Core biopsy was not that fun today. I actually needed a mammogram on my schedule for the study I was in (mammogram=teaspoon of dirt, core biopsy=truckload of dirt). If you don't have cancer before you get a mammogram, you will probably develop it from the stretch scars and squish bruises you get from having one. Wa wa wa! There are actually three lymph nodes in my armpit acting up. The most accessible one got three neat holes punched in it for swelling and shining like it did on the PET/CT. That'll teach it! I gave myself "tingles" in my fingers and lips and had to sit there a moment to regain my composure. This resulted in an all-day tension headache that I'm ready to take to bed at this very moment. I think I need better cancer anxiety management skills! I'm sure I'll do better at the Results Party with Dr. N on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
I hope everything on Friday is all good news! I admire you so much for your optimism and faith. You are an amazing, beautiful, wonderful woman!
I believe it is time for a Jamba!!!! I am glad you are off track after Wednesday......you need some R&R!!!! If the evening hours work for you that would be better for me. I am starting to babysit after school. Evelyn is working at Oquirrh in the afternoon. I love your music that is playing on your blog.
Yeah for off track time!!! You are in our prayers and we love you!!
Post a Comment