Blake and I are riding out a horrific cold together. It's kind of pathetic, both of us lying in bed, hacking up a lung, wheezing and snorting, noses leaking, feeling like junk. But the good thing is, we're on the same time frame. I hope that means that when we're well, we won't have to wonder when the other will be starting up with the awful symptoms! I've been trying to rest a little while not completely avoiding my responsibilities to report cards, upcoming Parent/Teacher conferences, and the windup of Fall Semester (with accompanying projects, papers and on-line discussions all due simultaneously). The two cancer drugs I'm taking--Tamoxafin (to block estrogen), and Xeloda (oral chemotherapy), are making me feel proactive in the War Against Wayward Cells. I feel a little pregnant, wildly pseudo-menopausal, spread too thin in my life and I have a cold. Do you ever just feel like shouting "STOP THIS TRAIN!"?
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Stop This Train
Blake and I are riding out a horrific cold together. It's kind of pathetic, both of us lying in bed, hacking up a lung, wheezing and snorting, noses leaking, feeling like junk. But the good thing is, we're on the same time frame. I hope that means that when we're well, we won't have to wonder when the other will be starting up with the awful symptoms! I've been trying to rest a little while not completely avoiding my responsibilities to report cards, upcoming Parent/Teacher conferences, and the windup of Fall Semester (with accompanying projects, papers and on-line discussions all due simultaneously). The two cancer drugs I'm taking--Tamoxafin (to block estrogen), and Xeloda (oral chemotherapy), are making me feel proactive in the War Against Wayward Cells. I feel a little pregnant, wildly pseudo-menopausal, spread too thin in my life and I have a cold. Do you ever just feel like shouting "STOP THIS TRAIN!"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 comments:
My goodness. It's one thing after another. I'm glad you still have your witty ways through it all!
Well if anyone deserves a quiet pit stop, it'd be you! I hope you can see through the cold haze to get all your deadlines done!
And explain to my WHY didn't YOUR OWN PERSONAL NURSE not get a phone call to bring the tortilla soup????? What's the use of having one if you won't use her???? Hope you guys are feeling better soon.
For better or worse!!! Glad you are on the same page! Perhaps you could say "Stop the train".....just don't be in front of it when you say it!
Thank you so much for the cute little outfit for raymond. It is still alittle big on him but I had him wear it to a Thanksgiving party wee went to on thursday, he looked adorable. thank you for thinking about us. You are always in my prayers and I am so glad to have you in my life
Post a Comment