Friday afternoon, Dr. N had an underlined paper copy of the PET/CT results and I had butterflies. Taking my emotional temperature with his piercing, evaluative stare, he said, "Well you have a lot going on..." (my heart paused) "but we have to sort through it to decide what really means anything to us in terms of your PRESENT condition." Ok. Deep breath. He proceeded to explain that I still shine in every radiated location, I have strands of "suspicious" material, less than 7mm long, looking more like infection than cancer (was I sick recently? Yep, had a cold the day of the scan.) Healing areas are still bright. But the two lung spots in question (he refers to his underlining) are not enlarged or spreading. In fact, the one located in the (who remembers?) is smaller by about 50% SO...I suggest that we just keep doing what we're doing, if by giving you at treatment today, we're not taking you to the brink!" After checking my throat, ears and lungs,he ushered me into the chemo room for Round Three Gemzar and said, "I'll see YOU later." I whispered (so as not to cough in the chemo room), "Will you tell them (the nurses) when?", and he nodded his head and winked. Stretched out in the Laz-E Boy, under my professionally warmed blankets, drugs pumping, hot packs soothing, I got the first good, peaceful nap I've had in days. Thank you, Miracle Giver.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Friday Afternoon
Friday afternoon, Dr. N had an underlined paper copy of the PET/CT results and I had butterflies. Taking my emotional temperature with his piercing, evaluative stare, he said, "Well you have a lot going on..." (my heart paused) "but we have to sort through it to decide what really means anything to us in terms of your PRESENT condition." Ok. Deep breath. He proceeded to explain that I still shine in every radiated location, I have strands of "suspicious" material, less than 7mm long, looking more like infection than cancer (was I sick recently? Yep, had a cold the day of the scan.) Healing areas are still bright. But the two lung spots in question (he refers to his underlining) are not enlarged or spreading. In fact, the one located in the (who remembers?) is smaller by about 50% SO...I suggest that we just keep doing what we're doing, if by giving you at treatment today, we're not taking you to the brink!" After checking my throat, ears and lungs,he ushered me into the chemo room for Round Three Gemzar and said, "I'll see YOU later." I whispered (so as not to cough in the chemo room), "Will you tell them (the nurses) when?", and he nodded his head and winked. Stretched out in the Laz-E Boy, under my professionally warmed blankets, drugs pumping, hot packs soothing, I got the first good, peaceful nap I've had in days. Thank you, Miracle Giver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 comments:
Love you Gae!!! You deserve many more peaceful naps!!
YIPEE!!!!!! I wanted to touch base with you on Sunday but other things got in the way! I believe it is time to celebrate!
Wow, you have been through so much. What an emotional roller coaster! I'm glad you had a nice nap. You deserve it!
I am SOO happy you are under Dr. N's care!!! He cares so much of each of his patients.. You are in the right place at this time for sure! You are a TROOPER!!!! Loved seeing and visiting with you last week!!! Miss you!!
We were so relieved to hear this. We feel so blessed that the medicine is working for you and that you have had a miracle!! We love you!
Post a Comment