Yes, I am stuck in monotony here on the blog. I'm having a hard time getting enthused about the cancer report, when all there is to say is, "abscess still draining". An elephant could have grown a new trunk by now! But, tomorrow, cough withstanding, there will be a new PET/CT scan. That holds promise for some fresh material, don't you think? There IS my mysterious, low-grade fever, climbing and descending at will, despite Tylenol, making me feel like a damp rag. I suppose I could report about that. I'm not as brave about going to the PET/CT as I used to be. My arms don't go up that well right now. So. Time to play the glad game. 1.I have arms. 2.They still want to do a PET/CT. 3.I live close to a cancer center (gratitude is always dependable for dis"arm"ing (snicker)a pity party!) What makes YOU grateful?
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Disarmament
Yes, I am stuck in monotony here on the blog. I'm having a hard time getting enthused about the cancer report, when all there is to say is, "abscess still draining". An elephant could have grown a new trunk by now! But, tomorrow, cough withstanding, there will be a new PET/CT scan. That holds promise for some fresh material, don't you think? There IS my mysterious, low-grade fever, climbing and descending at will, despite Tylenol, making me feel like a damp rag. I suppose I could report about that. I'm not as brave about going to the PET/CT as I used to be. My arms don't go up that well right now. So. Time to play the glad game. 1.I have arms. 2.They still want to do a PET/CT. 3.I live close to a cancer center (gratitude is always dependable for dis"arm"ing (snicker)a pity party!) What makes YOU grateful?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
I am grateful YOU are here! I am grateful for happy children despite an un-rested mom and a messy house. I am grateful for rain and for insurance and for enough money to pay to fix our broken garage door. I am grateful for a husband who loves our family and treats us with love and kindness. And comes home every night! And wants to be home. I am grateful for perspective. I love you, Mom.
I am grateful! I'm grateful for you- I know you don't believe it, but I am! I'm grateful that you don't really have throat cancer, even though I joke about it. (get better from your cold already, will ya?) I'm grateful that you blog, so that I know what's really going on with your health. I'm grateful for our little place to live. I'm grateful that we live so close to you and other family. I'm grateful for the messes that keep happening here, because it means that projects are getting done! I'm grateful for my handy dad and handy husband- for more reasons than just their handiness. I'm grateful for the chance to go to Germany. But more than that, I'm grateful for the next two weeks that I have to spend with people I love here, with hardly any time commitments. I'm grateful for the opportunity you gave me to learn music- and the blessing that has been in my life. I'm grateful for sunshine and warmth and hot water and left turn arrows and egg salad sandwiches on sunday afternoons. Does that help?
I'm grateful to have a friend like you. You continue to be open, creative, humorous, and sincere as you deal with a difficult life right now. I can't wait to see you again!
We are So grateful for such an incredible grandmas that adores our girls and is coming to see them next week! I am grateful for the most loving husband that has incredible parents who raised him, and that Adam takes such good care of a nauseated wife. I am so grateful for healthy children and for the smiles they bring to our faces over and over again. I am grateful for the gospel which guides me everyday.
Post a Comment