Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fish and Tea

At 9:30 tonight (day eight of chemo four) my sweet husband drove to the store for no other reason than to buy me fish. I had a blowout 20 minute steady-stream bloody nose today that put me in a bad mood and also a bad tummy state. I simply couldn't think of one food that sounded like I could eat it. After hours of cranky deliberation, knowing the consequences of not eating, I decided that I could swallow a little fresh salmon. Who has that on hand? Blake just hopped in the car (probably more to escape my grumpiness) and bought fish. I love that man. He will be exalted for fish alone. Fish did the job and with a double herb tea chaser, I think I'm going to make it through another night. My apologies to those of you who had me on perfect obedience pedestal--I've succumbed to the virtues of a soothing cup of herb tea when nothing else works. In defense of my obedience, it is impossible for me to drink tea "hot"...so maybe my chair's still open. I hope so, cuz I don't know what I'll do if I don't get to spend eternity sitting next to St. Blake!

4 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

Uh oh! I'm an herbal tea drinker especially in the winter but at my temple recommend interview they told me it was okay so I wouldn't worry your pretty little baby smooth head about it :-)

Tiffany Anderson said...

I love your husband! He is one of the sweetest and most wonderful men I know (but you already know that). You totally deserve him and you will be right next to him for all eternity!

grandmao said...

Gae - I ususally always have salmon on hand because I love it! So, next time that sounds like the only thing you can eat, please call, you hear! I definitely wouldn't worry about the herbal tea thing - I drank de-caffeinated green tea for quite a while for its anti-oxidant purposes! Right now, whatever goes down good and makes you feel better - go for it! Sorry I missed our VT appt. but you definitely wouldn't have wanted me around you with my germs! I'll stop by soon!
Love Susan O

Jamie said...

Good ol' Blake! I still have you very high on a pedestal. Take care!