Monday, September 08, 2008

People Die

People die from breast cancer. My old friend Louise Tippits did it last week. It took her one year. When does this countdown start? Who decides? I could use a good conversation with Louise today, but she's busy being buried. Too bad.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I am sure she would rather be talking to you too. Keep that pretty and shiny head up!

Cam Ballou said...

That must be so hard for you. I would guess she would probably tell you to keep on fighting...people survive breast cancer too ya know!

Anonymous said...

It is a lotery don't you know???? For whatever reason some people get to leave sooner than others! Your number isn't up yet...when was the last time you talked to Louise anyway?????

Grandma Susie said...

People die, and breast cancer is one cause. My mom's biggest fear is not death but how she will die. As far as when the countdown starts, I think it probably starts at birth. Remember, we voted for the life experience, as unsure as it is. I'm still praying for you, no matter the outcome. I'm also praying for the rest of us because it could be a car accident tomorrow that buries us.