Monday, January 26, 2009
Excited and Scared
Today I returned to Monte Vista Elementary to meet my kindergarten classes before they track off tomorrow for 3 1/2 weeks. When they return, I'll be their teacher. I was excited and scared to be back in the classroom. I'm not the girl I used to be these days--not yet. Kindergarten doesn't change much though. There are certain things you can count on--complete honesty, for one thing:
"Garrett: Mrs. Beckstrom, I thought you'd look different than you do.
Me: Oh really? In what way did you think I'd look different?
Garrett: I thought you'd have long hair and blue eyes (a perfect description of my sub)
Me: ...but instead you got short, crazy hair and green eyes? I'm sorry I don't look like you expected.
Garrett: Yeah, me too. You probably need to go to overhaul!"
It's good to be back among the little people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Got to love it. I guess that is why I love to talk to "little people" They always have the best phrases and comments. So when are you getting your overhaul?
Post a Comment