Sunday, November 01, 2009

Mundane Life

"Boredom" is a condition I don't accept at Kindergarten. When students try to tell me they're bored, my comeback is always the same--"Well then, unBORE yourself!" I don't think there's any excuse for a boring life as long as we have agency. Even if we're in concentration camp we can choose our own thoughts (see Viktor Frankyl "Man's Search For Meaning".) So, when I figured out today that the reason I'm not enthusiastic about updating my blog is because I feel like my life is too boring to discuss, I knew I was headed for dirt! (Mrs. Beckstrom) "Whose job is it to unbore you?" (Kindergarten) "OURS!" Yes, the fact is well known. So just because I'm off track for three (oh, two) two more weeks with a list of 31 mundane "must-do" tasks on a list is no excuse for a life too boring to write about
My five darling grandchildren loved Halloween. They weren't bored.
Blake is getting in the groove of being scoutmaster again (his favorite church job!) He's not bored.
It's been a year since I finished chemotherapy and I'm still here. Nothing boring about that! BUT LOOK AT THEN:
AND NOW:
See what I mean? I'm stuck in a yuck rut! Still fat. Still scary. Still overwhelmed by the backlog of things to be dealt with and no, this is not my Halloween costume! Report cards are over, the holidays are upon us, beautiful Autumn is in full swing and I'm a temporary Free Bird. If you happen to be in the same funk as I've been in...camped in my computer chair, no signs of sportiness anywhere, munching on leftover trick-or-treat candy, looking like I'm wearing my costume when I'm not, then how about looking yourself in the eye and hollerin'with me...UNBORE YOURSELF!

8 comments:

cuzimmom said...

You can always come to our house, nothing is ever boring here (unfortuatly). We have 2 adults men that have continual male PMS, and 3 adult women (or 2 1/2) that try to referee. Then, we do walking lessons at least daily.

The Beckstroms said...

Oh the boys look so cute! We are sad we couldn't be with you all for the fun Halloween festivities. Enjoy your break, you should start your scrapbook!! haha...we love you guys!

Grandma Susie said...

Hey, I just finished watching Lawrence Welk and I'm reading blogs cause I'm too beat up from raking leaves all day to do anything else. Boring is just a state of mind!! Your blog posts always make me smile! Keep it up even if you think you have nothing to share!

Jamilyn said...

Is that little kid in the carrier Baby Sam? Man, I don't even KNOW him.

It's ok that you look like a halloween costume. I'm just glad you're alive this year.

Keep blogging.

Adam B said...

unbore yourself...come to law school and there will not be time for any emotion other than overwhelmed :)

Here And Happy! said...

Thanks guys...I feel better already. And Andrea, I'm blocked on starting that scrapbook! It's the only non-mundane thing on that 31 item list (and it IS on the list!)It's my usual excuse. I feel so INADEQUATE to make anything worthy of lifetime preservation! Ha ha! Any advice?

Anonymous said...

You know Miss Gae you could always make those cute all occasion cards that we never got around to making!!!! Isn't it good to have some time off.......

Sora Lundberg said...

Your posts know how to make me laugh out loud. Your descriptions always make feel like I'm right there seeing it all! You may be bored, but you are never boring!