Olive Mary made her appearance just after 1:00 am Eastern Time in Concord, New Hampshire. She is a law school baby, born somewhere "on the road" between comfortable old home life and highly independant success. She has already had it her way, arriving a week ahead of schedule, with an air of mysterious anticipation surrounding her. She's got our attention, this little angel! I'm worried about wear and tear on monitors if we feel the need to send those "sweet sloppy kisses" via Skype! We just can't wait to paste 'em on her velvet-pink cheeks! Thank you parentals, for providing us with the ultimate pride gift--our grandparenthood, duplicated once again, to perfection!










5 comments:
she really is beautiful! we are going to go see her tomorrow, i will be sure to give her a little kiss from her Grandma!
Congrats Grandma!!
She is a cutie.
How much did she weigh? How long (or tall) is she?
We can't wait to have you guys visit! Olive is so sweet, you are going to melt. I think you did some great things to this picture with the lighting...can you share your talent and tips?
Love you guys!
Oh, and Jan she was 6lb. 9oz. and 18.5 inches long (the same length as Caroline)
I loaded it into Picasa. Under "effects" I selected "sharpen", then "black and white", then "glow" at 50% on both ranges. After all that, I used "fill light" to bring up the soft grays and whites. I loved the effect. Glad you like it too! I usually just mess around until the photo has a look that I like. I don't know how to do anything professional. After awhile, you begin to have a feel for what effects you like and what they're going to do to an image. Lots and lots of experimenting is what has helped me know what I like. Have fun!
Post a Comment