Monday, November 29, 2010

Sunday Diggin'

I didn't feel good today. I couldn't stay warm. Then, I couldn't stay cool. And my bones hurt. But after church I got inspired to join the neighborhood snow shoveling party. It felt so good to do something ACTIVE and FRESH! Blake was trying to remember the last time I shoveled--maybe the winter of 1988. Thanks to neighbors Merrill, Tammy and Susanne who made it fun to be digging together in the blizzard. I took a hot bath, went to bed early and now I'm up in the night, feeling much better, with no more chemo for a whole week! Maybe sleep is overrated--um,I have a little feeling it's not, and 6:30 cometh...so. Another shot of hot Airborne and I'm back to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Missionary.......glad to have you out in the neighborhood but really we could gather in a more warmer place! I wondered how your body was going to act with the shoveling. Sorry you had to freeze...nothing worse. Take it easy!

mintifresh said...

I want to shovel my walks so bad but I just know I'll be crippled for a while if I do but it's driving me crazy!!!

Grandma Susie said...

We were diggin' out on Delpha Drive too! Thank heavens for Carl and his snow blower and Annika who wouldn't stop until every snow flake had been removed from the driveway. Sorry to hear about the bone pain.