If I were Catholic, I would give up whining for Lent. It's just not worth it. I'm going to use that kind of energy for something better from now on. I'm leaving the "post on fire" to remind me just how low I can go in a hurry if I let myself be discouraged. Today, teaching my primary children about the temptation of Christ, I was reminded of how much power we always have over our own circumstances, and the huge resource for comfort that is available in the gift of the Holy Ghost. All I have to do is keep my conditions, inside and out, so that He can stand to be with me! I think that discouragement is a choice, just like any other good or bad attitude I might choose to take. I know I'm strong-willed. So, putting that to good use, I'm willing myself to make a more positive choice, every time, beginning today. I need my Comforter with me, non-stop. I want Him to feel welcome here.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
A More Positive Choice
If I were Catholic, I would give up whining for Lent. It's just not worth it. I'm going to use that kind of energy for something better from now on. I'm leaving the "post on fire" to remind me just how low I can go in a hurry if I let myself be discouraged. Today, teaching my primary children about the temptation of Christ, I was reminded of how much power we always have over our own circumstances, and the huge resource for comfort that is available in the gift of the Holy Ghost. All I have to do is keep my conditions, inside and out, so that He can stand to be with me! I think that discouragement is a choice, just like any other good or bad attitude I might choose to take. I know I'm strong-willed. So, putting that to good use, I'm willing myself to make a more positive choice, every time, beginning today. I need my Comforter with me, non-stop. I want Him to feel welcome here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
You are such an inspiration. I hope you are doing well.
Miss Gae........I will scream for you if you would like......sounds like we need to gather and chat!!! Lets do it!!!!!
Post a Comment