
Surgery was a breeze! Blake did not stay at Camp Tracy as planned, but came down to spend the night and to see to it that I got to my appointment on time. Dr. D, anesthesiologist, was hero of the day, administering a sheer miracle dose of whatever he does--I did not throw up, nor did I sleep five times the typical duration in recovery. One polite hour later, I was on my way home nausea-free! My buddie came back down from the hills to make sure I was deposited safely in my bed, where I stayed until 11:00 pm. I woke up when the relief team (ie Jamilyn and Nathan) arrived. We shared a tasty bowl of soup and some divine herbal tea that made the house smell like a spice garden. A couple of essential e-mails later and I was back to bed with a Netflix movie on the lappy. I thought I'd have trouble sleeping, but no such difficulty! At 8:00 I opened my eyes after sleeping the night like a rock, movie unwatched. Without even so much as a pain med I"m ready to peel off the 24-hour dressing and hop into a hot shower for some post-surgery revival! I am blessed!
3 comments:
I'm so glad everything went well! Let's hope for a speedy recovery!! {{HUGS}}
It is about time you get a trip to the doctor with "ease!" I am glad you were able to enter this challenge with no set backs!
Here's to hoping you get better too. I'm so glad to hear it went well!
Post a Comment